Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Little Girl

Soooo, it has been a long time, I know. But here I am, in spite of my lack of knowledge about taking pictures off the camera to post on this page, finally writing about my HILARIOUS favorite kid. My "baby", as she prefers to be referred to, is now 3 years and 1 day old. I just wanted to write quickly about the person she is becoming. Firstly, she starts every morning with an episode of Mickey while I do my thing either outside with my dog or inside on my treadmill. When Max and I go out together, we always drive away from my house and start our run somewhere new and exciting. (After living in the same place for over 5 and 1/2 years and running probably 95% of the days, I have finally become burnt out of any route I can possibly come up with that starts at my humble abode.) Anyway, when Mariah hears the garage door opening up signalling our return home from our run, she immediately runs to the door and opens it up and, wearing only panties, yells in her loudest voice, "Mom, do you have my dog with you?" To which I of course reply, "Yes Miss Ma'Loo, Max is with me!" Then I get inside and she gives me a big Mariah hug and tells me she is hungry. Once I shoot down her first suggestions for breakfast, which usually include popcorn or cookies, she finally settles down to her bowl of "ut"meal or, if she is REALLY lucky (or I am really lazy), a bowl of "Cap'n blue Berries with mommy's pink milk!" She is really the typical girl when is comes to her color choices. Everything has to be pink, even the lid of milk. (Ben's 2% variety has a blue lid and is therefore unacceptable to be poured into her pink bowl of cereal or oatmeal and her 2 spoons!)
However, when is comes to athletic ability, this girl is certainly NOT typical. She has been able to swim (fearlessly) for a good 6 months at least. Yes, that is right. We get to the pool and I swim out 15 yards or so and she jumps in and swims to me with a smile on her face! When she reaches me, she leaves her head under the water until she is good and ready to come up for air, and then she looks at me with those goggled eyes and yells, "AGAIN!" Okay, My Girl, we can do this all day!
And then there is the weekly (at least) Harris Family Circus. We do the gravitron, (only you know what that is Katie:) ), and she stands on top of my hands like a cheerleader and giggles and giggles and giggles. She could seriously balance on a rolling ball this kid. We do the tilt a whirl and I get dizzy doing it over and over just so I can hear her laugh! And she can climb up walls and mountains (running, not walking.) She literally goes on runs with me already. I bring the jogging stroller for when she gets winded, but otherwise she is out by my side with her running shoes and clothes. Who does that starting at 2.5 years old???
Then comes her love, no, OBSESSION, with school. No exaggerating, she at least 30 times a day says, "Mommy, can I PLEASE go the school?" Every time she is about to go to sleep, either for a nap or bedtime at night, she has to ask this question. I was finally able to register her for preschool at the "Big School" right by my house that she has been DYING and begging to go to. She starts December 2nd, but that is not soon enough for her.
She loves her 2 favorite kids, Grady (Thomas J) and Annie Frannie, her adorable cousin. They laugh and laugh and laugh. No toys, just each other. I am so glad they could come play at her party at Jungle Jims with us along with her friend Bailee.
To end this for now, My Mariah I ADORE YOU SO MUCH! I couldn't have made a better-suited kid for me. You are so very much like me in almost every way. Seeing myself in you has helped me to also see the good qualities about me. You are my joy and my buddy and my daughter. I am so thankful you came to me when you did, and that you were quick about it at that!!!! I will cherish our night last night together, staying up until 11:11 PM on your 3rd birthday, watching "Up" with you in my arms (while daddy was too tired to watch with us!). I prayed that the "dogs that are too scary for (you)" wouldn't give you nightmares. You are so smart and funny and energetic and happy and full of life. The thought of you fulfills me. Having you has made these past couple of challenging years trying to get you a brother or a sister not only bearable, but unbelievable. I hope we get you those 2 sisters you ask for every day (Heidi and Sasha you tell me consistently) and the twin boys I even have you convinced that we are going to have. You are BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, and FABULOUS!!!! I can't wait to see you in the morning so "we can go play" together. What a life, just me and My Girl! Sleep well Sis and I can't wait to hear your little knock in the morning and then your feet running as fast as you can back to your rocking chair while you wait for me to let you out and let the day begin. See you in the morning Girly Twirly! Love, Mommy Marie Harris

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mariah! Sarah, I was so happy to see your post and I LUH-VED hearing about your mini-you. We need to see her soon. We haven't been to Utah or Pocatello - instead we opted for Disneyland, which was fun but I am still in some need of girl bonding time. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. We are BIG Mariah fans around here. Send her our love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah is one adorable little monkey! I have never seen anything like her-full of muscles and energy and happiness. We love her tons!

    ReplyDelete