Thursday, February 12, 2009

Max the Dog, Mariah's Personal Torture Victim











So I figured I needed to put a picture with Max the Dog on here, too. Not only is he seriously the BEST running partner I could imagine, as he never says a word, runs at my pace (whatever that may be for the day), is ALWAYS ready and thrilled to go, looks scary so he provides protection in the dark and on lonesome roads and trails, lives in my house (otherwise Katie would be right there as the best partner), and can run up to 20 miles (I am sure longer too, but that is so far the longest) without ever getting winded; but he also provides free babysitting as he is Mariah's best friend. Who else would let her pull, poke, prod, wrestle, hit, tackle, attack, tease, torture etc without any consequences for hours on end!?!?!?! That Max is really a good dog. Last night I went down stairs to spy on Max and Mariah. The two of them often head downstairs to play (unbothered by the adults) while Ben and I eat dinner. So as I snuck downstairs to see what was going on without the watchful eye of Mommy, I watched Mariah pick up her tent and put the door whole over Max, thus locking him in the tent, and HYSTERICALLY laugh while he attempted to get out. When she spotted me a few moments later, she said, "Uh oh, where did Max go?" in her most innocent of voices. But I know the truth Mariah, I ALWAYS know the truth...

4 comments:

  1. Hey I love it! i am glad you are writing all this stuff down. Mariah will love to hear it all someday! She is hilarious and I love her tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea for entering the blogging world. what a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SARAH - I was so hoping that you had a blog or some way of getting a hold of you guys! This is Megan Hill and Jordan and I just wanted to say hello and see how you guys are doing. You are so dang BEAUTIFUL and so is your little girl! Cute fam! Wish our kids could play together and we could hang out with you guys - maybe someday if we move up to utah. We also have a dog that we love and is tormented by little girls.

    We have a blog, but it's private so email me your email address when you get a chance jomeg143@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deas Sarah,
    Please post something new on your blog.
    I love you,
    erin
    hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete