Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Daddy's Girl







So I will just be honest. Regardless of how adament I was to not buy (or let anyone else for that matter) Mariah any shirts, jammies, sweaters, bibs, blankets, etc. with the phrase "Daddy's Girl" in any way insinuated in the wording, she has nonetheless turned out to be just that: A Daddy's Girl through and through. Not only was she born with his blonde hair and blue eyes, but she immediately calls for "Ben" when she gets hurt, needs food, needs bedtime, storytime, bathtime, and most all other "times" if Daddy is around to be asked. But hey I am not complaining; this means all of those other things I am off duty for! But thankfully she has her mommy's personality (to say the least). This child cannot sit still for 30 seconds, and is the most daring little thing I have ever known. If we are at a new park or play place and a slide looks too scary for me, I simply let Mariah go first, and if she survives I am confident I will too! Maybe I shouldn't admit that, but hey I am all about honesty. She can scale a mountain or fence or anything else that may be in her way faster than most adults. She swims like a fish, with her face in the water and arms paddling and legs kicking to get herself to the side of the pool WITHOUT human help (needing only the help of her life jacket.) Trampolines are one of her absolute favorite toys, and I am still amazed at how high she jumps all by herself. Her Aunt Katie said it best when she lovingly said Mariah is a SPAZ. True, just like her mom. She is either laughing or crying, sometimes both at once, and she keeps me always on the move. I look forward to the near future when she will replace my dog Max as my running partner. I am sure she will kicking my butt at any triathlons or marathons I do before she is baptised. What more can I say; this little girl rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment