Saturday, May 1, 2010

Half Marathon in My Town

Last Saturday I woke up at 6 AM and realized I would not be able to fall back asleep, and since I new of a half marathon at Thanksgiving Point just down the road that started at 7 AM, I figured I might as well run it. So I headed over to Thanksgiving Point, figuring if I couldn't finish the 13.1, it would be no big deal since the route passed my house at mile 6.5 and then again at 10.5. So off I went, no stress, just the beauty of the morning and hundreds of other runners enjoying the same thing. What a beautiful run. Starting out weaving our way on to the golf-cart path at Thanksgiving Point gold course, running all through the Gardens at the height of the Tulip Festival, along the Jordan River Trail, past my neighborhood park where Ben and Mariah cheered, "Go Mommy Go! Go Mommy Go!", down to Willow Park, and back up through my ward and neighborhood (where my cheering section met me again:) ), past Mariah's elementary school, and weaving our way back to the Electric Park at Thanksgiving Point. Thankfully, due to my pregnancy-necessary slow pace, I was able to finish the whole run. What a great morning! I am so lucky to live where I do and participate in such fun things.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me?? I'm pretending that I just didn't read that and you did not casually run a 1/2 with your prego body.

    ReplyDelete