Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh to be a kid again...

So last night was a rough one for me. I was awake from 12:30 until about 4 unable to sleep. So this morning when Mariah woke up at 7 or so, Ben got her out of bed, made her a bowl of Kix, turned on cartoons, and climbed right back into bed with me. So 8:15 rolls around and I finally felt rested enough to get out of bed. I called Mariah into our room, and to my dismay, she had something all over her face, and her tongue kept running all over her lips. My contacts were not yet in, so I couldn't tell exactly what the mess was all about, so I called her in closer only to find she had something brown ALL over her face and in her hair. "Mariah, what is all over your face?" I hesitantly asked. "CHOCOLATE!" was the immediate and joyful reply. I followed her into the kitchen to find an untouched bowl of Kix sitting right next to a once almost-full and now almost-empty bag of chocolate chips. "Riah, why didn't you eat your cereal?" "It was yucky so I just got some chocolate! Yummy!" Oh, dear heavens, we keep the chocolate chips locked in a child-proofed drawer which apparently Mariah figured out how to get in to! She wouldn't let me take a picture before she cleaned herself up. Oh to be a kid again....

3 comments:

  1. i love this story. chocolate makes everyone's day go a little better! a girl after my own heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! Teaches you to let your 3-year-old loose in the house! If it had been you the chocolate binge would have been butter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I would love to get together.

    ReplyDelete