Monday, December 28, 2009

Dang Treadmill Again!

Okay okay. I will stop delaying the inevitable. I will get off this dang computer and start my treadmill run. Though let me back up...This morning I left my house in all my winter running gear, my dog by my side and the clouds overhead, driving up to the start of my favorite trail run. Not 1 minute into the run I realized that 8 degree weather is actually NOT warm enough to go trail running with ANY exposed skin, including face and nose and cheeks. Oh my gosh I was going to die! Needless to say my trail run never even made it to the trail head, sorry Max dog, since I had to turn around 6 minutes into my run for fear of facial frostbite! So 11 minutes and 44 seconds later I was back in my truck. When I looked in the mirror to check the damage, I looked like I had been outside in 100 degree weather in Arizona without sunscreen for 3 hours straight! So naturally I started to cry. Oh it hurt! Sometimes you have to forget that you are 28 and a half and resort to the actions of your 3 year old! And then even worse, my face started to thaw and you know that horrible tingling you get when your fingers have been numb and are finally getting back the sensation? That SAME unbearable feeling actually happens in the face and (more painfully) the nose! Thus, I am about to finish my run on the treadmill yet again. Oh I long for warmer weather! Just double digits is all I ask! I miss you my trail runs!

2 comments:

  1. I realize I shouldn't be laughing when I read this story, but I have been there too with the whole facial numbness/freezing/pain. It happens often when I'm riding on the back of Cam's snowmobile with the wind whipping me in the face and he keeps asking, "isn't this so much fun?" Chatter, chatter, tear, chatter. "Why yes, hon, so much fun."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I randomly came across your blog when I saw a comment of yours on facebook. You have a beautiful little girl! It was fun for me to catch up with you a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete